The hunt is over and that means it is time for October baseball! Whether you are lucky enough to have your team in the postseason or are simply cheering for the underdog, everyone will be watching as teams battle it out to become World Series champions. Instead of playing a drinking game while you watch like many fans do, why not sweat it out each inning with your favorite players and try a fitness game? Avoid adding empty calories to your day just sitting on the couch drinking beer, and instead work some extra ones off while cheering for more runs!
Here are the rules of the game: Do the listed exercises each time the corresponding event happens—and don’t be afraid to come up with your own to add to the list. Start it off slow and follow these rules for just one team during each game of the division series, but by the time the World Series starts, kick it up a notch and do these exercises in both halves of the innings!
– Every time there is a base hit – High Knees x 30 reps
– Every time there’s a strikeout – Jump Squats x 10 reps
– Every time a batter gets walked – Walking Lunges x 10 reps (each side)
– Every time a team scores a run – Bicycle Abs x 20 reps
– Every time a batter hits a home run – Burpees x 10 reps (Grand Slam = 50 burpees)
– Whenever there is a pitching change – Russian Twist x 1 minute (waiting for pitching change)
If you keep up with this game during each round of the playoffs, by the time new World Series champs are crowned, you will be in winning shape yourself! Play ball!