As you go through your day, try to find little ways to incorporate more movement into your daily routine. Need some ideas? Read this list of tips for quick and easy ways to become more active in your everyday life:
- – Park your car toward the last available parking spot. Walk a little more than you’re used to (in safe areas only). When you go to the mall, park at the opposite end in which you intend to shop.
- – Take the stairs as often as possible.
- – When talking on the phone, stand up and pace.
- – Do housework or yard work at a faster pace than usual.
- – Do not sit on the couch or bed when you watch television. Stand up. Stretch out or pace while you watch. (Stand in the back of the room when you’re with a group so that you don’t disturb them.)
- – If you are stuck when studying or working at the computer, you’d be amazed at the insight and inspiration you get if you stand up and pace for just one minute.
- – If you have a desk job, you can do different stretches at your desk.
These ideas are just a jumping off point—you don’t have to do each one. You do have to determine how ideas like the ones on our list fit into your lifestyle. Figure out what works best for you. Be creative and get moving!