Losing body fat requires discipline, motivation, and most of all, patience. Understanding how the process works is half the battle.
Fat cells are all over your body and everyone is prone to gains in different areas. Women usually begin their gains in the hips and thighs, and for men it is usually around the navel area and the sides of the waist (commonly referred to as the “love handles”). The last place to gain fat is usually in the face, chin, and the hands and feet.
You will lose body fat in the reverse order in which you gain it, meaning the first place you gain it is going to be the last place you lose it. Spot reduction is a myth, and no matter what kind of exercises you are doing, you will still lose fat in this order.
Here are 5 simple things you can do at different points throughout your day to help promote and accelerate fat loss and prevent fat gain.
1. Before breakfast, drink 1 cup (8oz.) of warm water with the juice of half a lemon to assist your kidneys and liver. This benefits bile formation, which is essential for optimal fat metabolism.
2. Before lunch, eat a small apple. It is one of the best appetite suppressants and eating one before your meal will really help curb your hunger (and you get the added benefit of a little fiber). Alternatively, you can try eating a handful of baby carrots. The chewing action will help knock out your hunger.
3. Hard-boiled eggs make a convenient afternoon snack. Have one or two eggs a day. Be sure to peel them while they are still warm and put them in a zip lock bag with a little salt if you like. Eggs are the highest dietary source of several amino acids which are needed by the liver to regulate bile production. Be sure to purchase the omega-3-enriched eggs, which taste better and have many antioxidants (lutein and zeaxanthin) for the eyes and brain.
4. Before dinner, go nuts! About twenty minutes before, eat ½ ounce of pecans, walnuts, or almonds with 8oz. of water. It will help fill you up so you will not need to eat as much during your meal to feel satisfied.
5. All day, drink more ICE COLD water. Water is the best fat burner; it helps empty stubborn fat stores because your liver is more efficient at utilizing stored body fat when your body is well hydrated. The reason you want to drink ICE COLD water is its calorie burning benefits. One gallon of ice cold water requires 125 calories to warm it up to body temperature which equals a one pound fat loss per month.
Try these quick fat deterrent tips and you will not only stop fat from accumulating but also shed fat that is already on your body!